Drug & Alcohol Collectors/Technicians – NY, NJ, and PA
After two years of continuous growth, ABW Compliance is looking for experienced collectors to enhance our team of accredited drug & alcohol collectors for a variety of major transportation providers including American Airlines, JetBlue, Amtrak, NJ Transit, and UPS.
- Conducting on-site drug & alcohol testing at major transportation hubs such as airports, train yards, bus depots, and distribution centers. This testing is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and must meet all federal requirements set forth in CFR 49 part 40
- Preparing and submitting detailed paperwork under strict timelines
- Communicating with Leadership while on the job site
- Providing excellent customer service to the clients we are testing
- Providing utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Presenting yourself on a jobsite with professionalism
What we need from you. Please read this, it’s important!
This work requires extreme attention to detail and the willingness to travel to collection locations. We use a variety of technology, and you must be comfortable working with multiple devices (smartphone, laptop, ipad, portable printer, desktop). You must be self-motivated to meet deadlines. A large part of this job takes place after the testing is done. Checking your paperwork, recording tracking numbers once the specimens are shipped, uploading documents, and submitting receipts for travel, tolls, etc.
- Certified DOT Urine Collection. (Recertification options may be available if you have expired certificates).
- Certified Breath Alcohol Technician w/ device training – Lifeloc Phoenix 6.0 BT Certification preferred. (Recertification options may be available if you have expired certificates).
- HS degree and at least 18 years old
- You must have a vehicle in good working condition as this position requires regular travel.
- A breathalyzer is required; If you do not own one, you can rent one from ABW Compliance.
- Drug and alcohol testing supplies may be purchased on your own or through ABW Compliance at cost (mouthpieces, bluing agent, tamper tape, etc).
- You must have a clean driving record and able to pass a background check.
Hours & Availability: Hours are variable based on the needs of our clients. This is not a standard 9-5pm job. This position provides you with the ability to maintain a flexible schedule to cover scheduled and unscheduled collections.
Independent Contractor / Compensation: You will be engaged as an independent contractor, and you will be paid a per-event rate. Typically, multiple tests are scheduled per work day. Payments are processed weekly
To Apply: Send your resume and short cover letter to email@example.com, with answers to the following questions. There are no wrong answers:
- How much collection experience do you have?
- What is your primary reason for applying at this time?
- What is your preferred coverage area (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)?
- How many days a week would you like to work?
- Extra credit: What has brought you joy in this last year?
We look forward to connecting with you!
ABW Compliance is an Independently owned New Jersey based drug testing company which is committed to helping transportation industries stay safe & sober.